Translate

Thursday, June 7, 2012


BFL CLIENT PROFILE: REBECCA VALLANCE
Fashion designer, Rebecca Vallance talks to us about her passions, lifestyle and what inspires her most.

BFL: What inspired your new collection?

Rebecca: My SS12 Collection was inspired by Palm Springs, California circa 1960’s. Back then Palm Springs was the playground for Hollywood's biggest stars. Late last year I travelled to Palm Springs and was fascinated by the architecture and simply by the concept of having this super cool desert exist in the middle of California.

BFL: Your favourite fashion items this season? 

Rebecca: For AW12; My Rebecca Vallance fur gillet, My new Alaia leather tote, Fendi gumboots and my Gucci felt hat

For SS12; My Rebecca Vallance Coachella dress

BFL: How do you juggle your lifestyle now that you have built a fashion empire?

Rebecca: With discipline and a high degree of organisation. As my label is stocked in Australia, USA and the Middle East. I have to manage my time well to be available to everyone at some point of the day. I travel a lot as well which means that its essential to have a hardworking team in Australia who can keep everything running smoothly when I’m overseas.

BFL: The way you start your day would be?

Rebecca: I'm partial to a Chai latte each morning and I do kickboxing 4 days a week. I find kickboxing puts me in a positive mind set for the rest of the day.

BFL: Who in the fashion world most inspires you? 

Rebecca: Coco Chanel - she achieved so much in her life and in spite of growing up in an orphanage. Her drive and ambition was instrumental in how she set about transforming women’s fashion in the 1920’s from corsetry to the introduction of the more comfortable and practical ‘Chanel suit’. I’m always in such admiration of women who create something from the ground up.

BFL: Any new beauty items you are loving at the moment?

Rebecca: I'm obsessed with MAC Cosmetics. I literally can't get enough...



My favourites for this season are:

MAC Strobe Cream rrp: $55.00 AUD
A shimmery, iridescent quick-fix for dull skin 
(can be used as a base or mixed with MAC foundation to add luminosity)

MAC Eye Kohl in ‘Teddy’ rrp: $32.00 AUD
The classic MAC eye-kohl in a suit-all-shade

MAC False Lashes Mascara rrp: $42.00 AUD
Gives dramatic lashes by adding volume and curl

MAC Eye Shadow in ‘Satin Taupe’ rrp: $33.00 AUD
A good shimmery taupe shade perfect for a simple Smokey eye

MAC Fix+
Skin refresher, set’s make-up and moisturises skin

I'm also obsessed with Tom Ford's fragrances.



In January 2012 Harper's Bazaar Australia named Rebecca Vallance as one of 3 new designers to watch for 2012.