Translate

Monday, May 21, 2012


BFL PROFILE: MELISSA AMBROSINI
Steph Adams chats to Melissa Ambrosini; TV Presenter, Actress & Producer on her lifestyle.


BFL: What made you start "Path To Wellness"?
Three years ago I got really ill, I was hit with a whole host of health issues such as adrenal fatigue, thyroid problems, high levels of mercury, extreme mineral deficiencies and a serious viral infection just to name a few. As a result of all the above I also got adult acne, eczema and depression. I was in and out of the doctor’s office and sick and tired of being a pin board. The last straw was laying in hospital for a week– this was my wake up call! I realized the way I was living my life and treating my body was not ok. I had to make some serious lifestyle adjustments to get well. I kindly declined the medication from the doctors and decided to cure myself. This is when I began to heal my body with food. I used food as medicine to cure myself of all of the above. This lead me to study nutrition and thus Path To Wellness was born. My vision is to help people get well! I work very closely with women to help end their tortuous relationship with their bodies, clear up their skin and fall back in love with themselves and their life. All without calories counting, deprivation or limitations. I want to teach and show as many people as possible that given half the chance your body will heel it’s self.

BFL:What’s the best advice you could give to one of your clients about their health?
Go back to our roots and eat like our ancestors did - from the earth, whole fresh real food. Nothing that is man made or comes out of a packet, box or jar. You health will immediately improve if you did this.

BFL: Your favorite recipe?
Differently my Raw Goji + Ginger Chocolate Fudge Slice. Click here to get the recipe. Warring… it’s seriously addictive.


BFL: Your inspiration?
Life! It’s pretty awesome. I am inspired by the hot pink and orange sunrises I see over Bondi Beach, conversation with passionate and creative people, seeing a beautiful image, finishing a great book and meaningful quotes.


BFL: What you cannot live without?
Laughter! Joy! Happiness!

BFL: Best beauty product?
To be honest I don’t wear a lot of makeup. I wore it for a living when I was filming, modeling and dancing full time, so now I keep it nice and simple - powder, brush and mascara, that’s it! I am obsessed with Jane Iredale’s mineral ‘amazing base’ foundation. Her stuff is simply beautiful and feels so nice on my skin.

BFL: Fashion favorite?
I love my black leather pants at the moment. They are super comfy and go with everything.

BFL: A favorite quote?
I have so many all over my fridge and bathroom mirror but I think this quote by Marianne Williamson would have to be in my top three.

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”