Translate

Sunday, May 27, 2012


BFL PROFILE: BRENDA LEE
We chat with one of our clients; model & make-up artist, Brenda Lee.

BFL: How long have you been in the fashion industry?

Brenda: I've been in the fashion industry since I was sixteen and I started with Spiers Modelling Agency. My aunty told me to try and and see what they thought. They were lovely but felt that I was too big, I was a full size 12 so it was hard to get work.

When I lost weight down to a size 10 I started to work a lot more. I then moved to Sydney and started to get higher paid jobs and commercials and then progressed to Germany where I shot catalogues. That was such a great experience traveling the world.

BFL: Why did you start your own business?
Brenda: The reason I started my own business, MSM is simply due to the experience of being in the industry for so many years. It gave me a greater experience and knowledge of the style and trends we see today. Also when you have worked with the best in the business you acquire these skills and adopt them as your own. My business is a reflection of my experience. As it is the Brides special day, they deserve high quality makeup that is fresh, clean and glamorous just like in a fashion spread.


BFL: What is your main clientele?
Brenda: Most definitely Brides.

BFL: What do you enjoy most about your job?
Brenda: One of the greatest pleasures is seeing our clients so happy with the final result. Knowing that we have transformed them into a natural beauty. It’s amazing what just shaping eyebrows, spray tan & stunning makeup can do. They just glow.

BFL: How has your business changed your life?
Brenda: My business is quite small at this stage so it hasn’t changed my lifestyle dramatically - I am constantly seeking new talented makeup artists. We train the girls and promote them.

BFL: Your top makeup product?
Brenda: Mac gold deposit shimmer - I just love it and it looks amazing on cheeks as a contour.